Friday, June 11, 2010

sweet potato slips are here

My slips came yesterday from Sand Hill! I ordered a mix of early
yielding varieties for cool climates. They sent me 6 'Copper Jewel'
which have the beautiful purplish maple-like leaves. They are
described as having orange flesh and skin. I also recieved 6 'Ivis
White Cream' which will have white skin and white flesh. They all
looked very beautiful and healthy. They were just shy of drying out so
I planted 4 of each yesterday. I will likely plant the remaining 4 in
my uncle's plot.

I also finally got my hands on some All Blue seed potatoes. I bought 8
and will have to make room in the raised potato bed next to the
sweets. The timing is perfect because I have about 6 or 8 Kennebecs
that are huge with flowers on them. It's the perfect excuse to uproot
them all for new potatoes while clearing spots for the blue seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment