Monday, July 9, 2012

the hard truth

I have to fess up that keeping with succession planting and diligent weeding is too much for me this summer. The manure spread in the spring has done less for the mammoth thriving produce that i'd hoped for and more for encouraging thick green grass to grow between everything.
I guess I've done alright so far, with several small harvests and lots of cut flowers, considering it's still early July. But it's been hot and the season seems two weeks ahead so I'm looking at the beds and the ambitious hobbyist in me thinks I can rip out all the weeds and spent plants, and replace them all with a new blanket of carrot seed, potatoes, and squash. Alas, the busy young mother in me knows I'll be lucky if I can get the place weed-whacked and hope that my red chipolinis don't get COMPLETELY choked out!
Champagne problems. Look at my pretty snaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment